This is an amazing recipe that I had so much fun making and took no longer than 30 minutes from preparation to plate. See below for details and images. These are low carb and perfect for breakfast, lunch or brunch. I have seen people making these in the microwave but I personally do not like cooking in microwaves. Each cup contains less than 1gram of carb.
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a muffin/cupcake pan, line with a slice of bacon, pressing the bacon around the sides use scissors for cutting the bacon into shape, including the bottom.
- Place cheese into the bacon cases.
- Crack one egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. If you would like softer yolks reduce time.
- The bacon and egg cups should come right out of the pan I used a spoon and a knife to help.
- I peeled the egg skin from the top this is optional and a personal preference it is edible but personally, I am not a fan.
See images below for simple steps in pictures.
For the nutritional values of this please click here.