This recipe is for delicious gluten free pancakes, they are light fluffy and have a lovely texture. If you like pancakes then you will love these low carb alternatives. This took me no more than five minutes to prep and ten minutes to cook all the pancakes. These versatile pancakes could have lots of variations you could add vanilla essence, cinnamon or sugar-free syrup. The possibilities are endless. I enjoy savoury so I have stuck with this for my own preference. 1.6 grams of carbs per pancake. This recipe serves 4-6 pancakes.
Fast fun and easy to make! Give them a try.
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- 2tbl Cream cheese
- salt (Pinch)
- 50g coconut flour
- 4tbl spoons of oil (I used coconut oil, but Olive oil or your preferred choice will do fine)
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, flour and salt. Fold in all ingredients with a wooden spoon the ingredients may look strange for a few minutes but keep stirring as the consistency does improve.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once heated with a tablespoon pour the mixture into the pan, making sure the batter is no bigger than the palm of your hand if you would like to serve more people or have smaller pancakes use your own judgement.
- Use a fish slice to check the bottom of the pancake once golden flip over. Once golden on both sides remove from the pan.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook separately to the pancakes.
- Serve, eat and enjoy!
See images below for simple steps in pictures.
Ta-da Delicious yummy and super easy!