This evening I made a keto friendly curry. I used double cream but usually dislike dairy, having decided to go keto I thought I would try double cream. This could easily be made vegan with the soya cooking cream. As well as making it meat based using chicken fillets this would reduce the carbs per serving too! Cooking time 15-20mins.
Serves two portions or people 9.25g of carbs per serving.
The recipe, this serves two portions or people 9.25g of carbs per serving.
- Quorn Vegan chicken pieces 100g
- 35g mushrooms
- 50g broccoli florets
- 100ml double cream or Soya non dairy cooking cream
- 100ml of water
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- Heat the cream in a pan, whilst the broccoli florets are boiling away in another pan.
- Add curry powder and chilli powder and heat on a medium heat. once heated add the water and Quorn chicken pieces.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add curry powder and chilli powder and heat on a medium heat. once heated add the water and Quorn chicken pieces.Keep stirring and don’t allow to boil.
- Once heated and cooked add the broccoli florets to the curry.
- In the small frying pan heat the cauliflower rice and add two tablespoons of light cooking oil cook for roughly 4 minutes or until warmed all the way through.
- Next plate up and enjoy.
This was a quick and delicious meal I really enjoyed how easy it was to make. Please remember the number of carbs is based on the brands I used and may vary slightly with other brands.