Scallops are far more delicious than people think. I understand some people write off all fish and shellfish for fear or lack of trying but this diet is something that requires us to cut carbs out and possibly try something they never would normally eat or have disliked in the past with Protein 21 g per 100 grams serving these delicious little treats are well worth trying out. I have not worked out the nutritional values but shall and will update this post I I am going to say conservatively this has less than 5grams of carbs and I know the value of the actual macros will be much lesser than this.
This took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish and is a fast simple brunch/ lunch. It looks complicated yet is a fast yummy quick dish.
- 150grams of raw scallops (I bought mine from Tescos)
- 1/4 of red onion diced
- 4 button mushrooms
- coconut infused chilli oil (alternatively just add chilli flakes to your oil when hot)
- 1 clove of garlic
- pink salt (or normal sea salt)
- black pepper
- mixed salad leaves and a few rings of red onion as a side salad.
- Heat the pan and add the coconut infused chilli oil
- once heated add the clove of garlic and crush
- place the scallops into the pan along with the salt and pepper.
- cook for 3-4 minutes tossing and cooking both sides.
- Take out of the pan and serve hot.
- add the side salad and enjoy.
I really would recommend trying this. If you like fish and chips from the chippy then scallops are less fishy and have a lovely texture in my opinion. I’d love to encourage people to try things they normally wouldn’t. Have a try and let me know what you think in the comments section this is a low-cost affordable brunch for less than £5 in ingredients.