So I recently saw a video on facebook which I managed to find on youtube. It was a Salmon dome being made which looked fairly easy and very delicious please see the link for the method and to see how easy it is. I had some Gin infused smoked salmon which I like to buy once a month as a decadent treat. It’s cured with sea salt and sugar; then gently infused with Makar Gin to create a unique flavour with mouth-watering notes of juniper, black peppercorn and citrus. Fresh salmon fillets are cured with salt, sugar and infused with Makar Gin before being smoked over oak shavings from retired whisky casks. I think it’s super delicious and thought the recipe would be a fun thing to try. I had this for my breakfast but it would be ideal for a dinner party or as part of a festive treat at Christmas.
- Smoked Salmon 75 grams
- 2 Poached eggs in cling film or your prefered method
- 1 Avocado
- Salt and pepper a pinch
- 1tbls Lime juice
- layer the salon into a small bowl (I used a clear one I had from Ikea for less than a pound)
- Place eggs in a pan of hot water and Cook for 4 minutes.
- Crush the avocado and add salt and pepper and lime juice.
- remove the eggs and remove the cling film being careful as they will be hot to touch.
- Place into the eggs dome
- Layer the avocado around and fill until level.
- Place a dish on top and flip slowly removing the bowl.
- Serve and enjoy it’s that simple.
My carb count is around 11 grams per serving and this could easily be shared and the carb count halved. Here is a video of my own attempt I did leave the bread out of mine as I thought this was unnecessary, you could easily add low carb bread as a base if you would prefer this with as it has in the video.